Friday, September 19, 2008 2:26 PM
Inmagic, Inc is sponsoring a KMWorld magazine web event on October 7th, 2008, at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT:
New Generation Knowledge Management: Social Knowledge Networks
Organizations are faced with critical knowledge management issues including knowledge capture, IP retention, search and discovery, and fostering innovation. The failure to properly address these issues results in companies wasting millions of dollars through inefficient information discovery and poor collaboration techniques. Leonor Ciarlone, Senior Analyst at The Gilbane Group, will discuss how bold initiatives in knowledge management and social media address these issues and keep organizations competitive and successful.
Today’s knowledge management systems must blend social media technologies with enterprise search, access, and discovery tools to give users a 360-degree view of their information assets. Join Phil Green, CTO of Inmagic, Inc., as he discusses Social Knowledge Networks, the new generation of Knowledge Management, and introduces Inmagic® Presto. Presto is currently used by leading organizations like NASA, Newsweek, and RV Anderson Associates, Ltd. to add value to content, and allow users to access accurate and relevant information faster and more efficiently.
New Generation Knowledge Management combines vetted information and archives with the “knowledge of the community”; networking people and information into Social Knowledge Networks. These networks provide richer content with greater depth and context. Find out how your organization can benefit from this new generation of knowledge management: Social Knowledge Networks.
Friday, September 19, 2008 8:30 AM
Join Kathy Bryce and Denise Bonin from Andornot Consulting at a brown bag lunch meeting to learn about the latest features in DB/TextWorks, WebPublisher PRO and Inmagic Genie. We will discuss the new Undo feature in the Form Designer, Query Logging, and other enhancements that you can make to your web interfaces.
Have a question about an Inmagic product that’s been on your mind? Bring it to the meeting and ask us and your fellow users. If there are any particular topics you would like us to cover, please email us in advance.
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008
12:00 to 1:30 pm
Talisman Energy Inc.
3400, 888 - 3rd St. S.W. Calgary.
Please check in at the reception desk on the 20th Floor.
RSVP by September 29th to Cathy Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:44 PM
Index popups for Inmagic Webpublisher Pro have been updated to fix some subtle bugs:
- Entering certain characters in find box causes invalid XML errors.
- Previous Page and Last Page do not work with some secondary fieldnames, or when fieldname is provided whose sentence case does not match actual field exactly.
- Passwords are not passed through after the initial page. (Ok, not so subtle this one.)
- Code fields can cause invalid XML errors.
- Last Page fails if icsweb.ini/dbtwpub.ini SoapFormat=0 or SoapFormat=n and fieldname requires modification for XML use.
- Previous Page fails if icsweb.ini/dbtwpub.ini SoapFormat=0 or SoapFormat=n and fieldname requires modification for XML use. (Can only fix by changing SoapFormat=1 due to Webpublisher restrictions on fetching index lists with a key delta.)
Download Index Popups 2008.2.9.10 (~600 kB)
Friday, September 05, 2008 5:21 PM
If you want to interact with a virtual machine as part of your network, you need to adjust its networking settings to specifically use one of the host machine's network adapters.
Don't set the adapter to "Shared networking (NAT)". This isolates the virtual machine behind the virtual networking adapter. You'll find you can't even ping the VM from the host.
Good for interacting
Bad for interacting
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:39 PM
Please check out the latest issue of our newsletter.
In this issue:
Latest Andornot News
- Andornot In Your City
- Rex Turgano Heading to Nepal
- Andornot Ownership Change
Latest Andornot Projects
- Algoma Universities Launches Two New Online Databases
- Genie 3.2 Now Available
- Maintenance Price Increase
- New Inmagic Blog
- Inmagic at Internet Librarian
- @Inmagic Newsletter July 2008
Latest Posts from our Developers' Blog