Inmagic has released version 15 of DB/TextWorks, WebPublisher PRO and DB/Text for SQL
Highlights of this release include:
- New Field Type: Rich Text. The Rich Text field type permits you to change fonts (font name, size, color, bolding, italics, etc.) within a single field, align text, create bulleted lists, and so on.
- New Field Type: Call Number. When records are sorted by a field using the Call Number field type, Call Numbers are sorted the correct order.
- Email Enhancements: Email dialogue more closely resembles sending mail from an email client, and includes fields for additional message text and a signature.
- Limits on the number of fields, characters in field names, linked textbases, forms, query screens, and many other features have all been increased.
- Substitution Lists: Additional Field Types now support Substitution Lists: Call Number, Code, Image, Link, and Number.
- Import Document. Improved IFilter text extraction for PDF files, especially those with text in the margin. Also, line breaks are added after each period-space (". ") to improve readability.
- HTML, XML and Text Encoding enhancements for increased compatibility.
- As well as features for publishing to the web, assorted small fixes, and a few older, less-used features removed.
More information is available in the DB/TextWorks Version 15 Read Me.
- Issues addressed with the InmagicBrowse app, and new features added for publishing to the web from DB/TextWorks.
More information is available in the WebPublisher PRO Version 15 Read Me, as well as the DB/TextWorks Version 15 Read Me and the DB/Text for SQL Version 15 Read Me.
DB/Text for SQL
- In addition to the features added to DB/TextWorks and WebPublisher (see above), DB/Text for SQL is now supported on SQL Server 2014.
More information is available in the DB/Text for SQL Version 15 Read Me.
All clients with a current Inmagic maintenance subscription will be receiving emails from Inmagic with download instructions for this release.
This release also includes a new version of the PowerPack (Importer, Checker and Updater apps), popular for automating data import and full-text extraction and indexing, as well as the search-only DB/SearchWorks version of the software.
A new version of the ODBC driver is expected within the next couple of weeks.
Upgrading the Inmagic software to version 15 requires a change to textbase structures. Once made, only version 15 of DB/TextWorks and WebPublisher PRO will be able to access the databases. Therefore, plan to upgrade all servers, workstations and databases at once.
Clients using the ODBC driver should not upgrade to version 15 of DB/TextWorks, nor upgrade their textbases, until version 15 of the ODBC driver is released.
Please consult the system requirements and supported OSs and web browsers for DB/TextWorks, DB/Text for SQL and WebPublisher PRO, available on the Inmagic Extranet.
If you have a current Inmagic maintenance subscription but have not received a notification email in the next week or so, please email email@example.com with your serial number and email address so it can be resent. Please also remember to let us know if your contact information has changed so we can update our records and pass this on to Inmagic.
As always, contact us with questions, for assistance with this upgrade, or to renew an expired Inmagic maintenance subscription.