Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:52 PM
Inmagic has announced the release of DB/TextWorks and WebPublisher PRO version 13.
New and enhanced features in DB/TextWorks include:
- Query logging. The ability to log queries processed by a textbase, similar to the equivalent feature in WebPublisher PRO, is now possible with DB/TextWorks. Look for "query logging" in the help index.
- Export secondary textbase fields. Fields from linked textbases can be exported.
- E-mail authentication. Specify a login name and password to pass to a mail server.
- Run-time version. DB/SearchWorks Run-time has been updated to v13.
- New help format. DB/TextWorks online help is now using a WebHelp format. This format is compatible with the newer Microsoft operating systems, and can be accessed from the server hosting DB/TextWorks in a multi-user environment.
- Larger recent-textbase list. The list of most recently opened textbases on the File menu can now contain up to 15 textbases. Use Tools > Options to change your settings.
- Taller field list when designing a textbase. More fields appear on the screen where fields and their properties are designed.
- PowerPack Lite installation. PowerPack Lite now has its own Setup.EXE, instead of being bundled with the DB/TextWorks installation.
- Windows 2000. DB/TextWorks no longer supports the MS Windows 2000 operating system.
Note: Upgrades must run Setup Workstation: Upgrades are now required to run Setup Workstation after installing v13. This version was built with newer Microsoft tools, with the result that newer Microsoft DLLs are needed to support DB/TextWorks. These must reside on the workstations, and workstation setup will ensure their presence.
Please read the install instructions carefully before starting the upgrade. For multi-user licenses you may need to re-enter your network upgrade password after the install. Andornot usually has a record of these or you can contact Inmagic directly to have it re-sent.
New and enhanced features in WebPublisher PRO include:
- It is now possible to edit records in non-IE browsers over the Web. Please see the Support Matrix for details.
- InmagicBrowse includes a new find-as-you-type feature.
- InmagicBrowse hides controls that offer no opportunity to take action.
For system requirements, including supported server operating systems and IIS versions, please see the WebPublisher PRO v13 Support Matrix, available on the Inmagic Extranet. Note that you should not install WebPublisher PRO on a server hosting SharePoint.
All clients with a current Inmagic maintenance subscription for DB/TextWorks should have received an email from Inmagic with the download information for the new version. (No date has yet been announced for the release of DB/TextWorks for SQL v13.) If you have a current subscription but have not received a notification email in the next week or so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your serial number and email address so it can be resent. Please also remember to let us know if your contact information has changed so we can update our records and pass this on to Inmagic.
Please contact us if you would like assistance implementing these new features or would like a quote on renewing an expired maintenance subscription.