Monday, April 06, 2009 11:24 PM
Inmagic recently released version 3.3 of Inmagic Genie, a component of the Inmagic® DB/Text Library Suite. We highly recommend that clients upgrade as it contains some significant enhancements, particularly with regard to serials management. New and improved features include:
- Batch emails now available for loans, serials, orders and ILL's, i.e. to send claim notices etc.
- Improved workflow when adding new serials
- Additional options for serials arrival date prediction
- Serial volume and issue information copied to Item records
- Batch subscription and arrival date renewals
- Batch add/remove a borrower for selected subscriptions
- Include location or other borrower field on routing lists
- "Google-like" alternate search syntax automatically ANDs terms, when applied to selected fields
As long as you are running version 3 or later, you can skip any in-between versions and upgrade directly to version 3.3 (provided you make a few minor changes required with the v3.1 and 3.2 releases). If you are still running versions of Genie before v3 you will need to upgrade to v3 first.
Note: Genie version 3.3 requires .NET 3.5 SP1 which is not available for Windows 2000 Server. If .NET 3.5 is not already installed on your Windows 2003 Server, it will require a reboot, so we advise scheduling the upgrade accordingly.
Clients using Genie to print spine labels should contact us or Inmagic for instructions if they encounter a line wrapping issue.
Please be sure to contact us if you would like assistance with the upgrade and enabling of new features! We can go over the possibilities with you and then make all of the necessary database and configuration file changes. Upgrades are also a good time to make sure you are getting the best use possible from the software. We post various tips and suggestions on our Developer's Blog or you can take a look at some of the options on our Genie demo site.