Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:01 PM
Version 2.3 of the open-source VuFind discovery interface has just been released.
This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions:
- Support for retrieving results from additional third-party services: EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCO Integration Toolkit, Primo Central and LibGuides
- New themes offering updated support for the Bootstrap framework.
- Support for ReCAPTCHA security on several key forms.
- Expanded account functionality, including user-initiated password changes and recovery by email.
- Expanded book cover display functionality, including the ability to generate dynamic cover images on the fly.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Andornot continues to recommend VuFind as a low-cost discovery interface option for libraries, as well as our own Andornot Discovery Interface for libraries, archives, museums and art galleries.
Contact us to learn how one of these tools could improve resource discovery for your users.