If you are starting a new library or finally have time to think about implementing a loans or ordering system, the Andornot Library Kit (ALK) add-on to Inmagic DB/TextWorks software could be just what you need!
The kit contains all the necessary elements to set up a Windows-based integrated library system. You can import data from your existing textbases, from other programs, or you can start from scratch with a system that includes modules for cataloging, loans, serials, ordering and more.
Based on our years of experience working with libraries and using Inmagic software, the Andornot team has created a flexible and scalable system that can be used exactly as is, or it can be customized or modified to suit your needs.
The Andornot Library Kit includes:
- A user-friendly design with consistent data elements such as color coding for each textbase, and graphics and text to help indicate the function of each screen.
- A menu screen with typical workflow shortcuts.
- Query screens with plenty of search options, plus search tips and hints.
- Brief search results reports contain ample navigation buttons to assist you with tasks - from performing a new search, to changing forms, to printing search results.
- A full record display showing all relevant data in each record.
- Data entry forms to allow you to easily add new data into the textbase or edit an existing record. Validation lists are plentiful and fields are grouped into related categories.
- Data entry forms include scripted search boxes to correctly link to other textbases, such as in Loans and Orders.
- Catalog records can be imported form other sources, such as by using Bookwhere to search other catalogues. Textbases for a catalog, serials, orders, loans, holds, borrowers, suppliers, and barcode generation.
When you are ready to make your catalog available online, on the Internet or an intranet, there are several ready-to-go options for you.
More and more organizations are choosing a modern system such as the Andornot Discovery Interface to provide the best possible search experience.
The open-source VuFind discovery interface is also a great choice for searching library catalogue information.
Our traditional Andornot Starter Kit web interface for Inmagic WebPublisher PRO will help you create a web interface to your catalogue records quickly and easily.
Inmagic Genie is a web-based integrated library system. It is primarily intended for larger and possibly multi-location libraries. The Andornot Library Kit is especially good for libraries with smaller budgets where the staff handle systems on their own.
Contact us to get started with this kit today.
Learn more about the Andornot Library Kit in these blog posts: