The Inmagic Genie integrated library system comes with an out-of-the box configuration that is suitable for a wide range of libraries, but it is intended to be further customized for the specific workflow and needs of the library.
Over many years of working with Genie, Andornot has developed a Genie configuration that includes best-practice changes, new reports and search forms, and other features that we use as our starting point for client projects. We then tailor it further to make Genie even more suited to your library. This Genie Starter Kit is a great way to leap ahead in your customziation of Genie, saving considerable time over starting from scratch.
Some of the many modifications included in this kit are described in this Genie Configuration Options (.pdf) document. The latest tips are tricks are also published in Andornot's blog. An archive of posts related to Genie is available.
The Genie Starter Kit is available in both French and English and includes modifications to the following Genie components:
- textbases (fields added and field properties changed to improve searching and sorting)
- configuration files (enhanced query screens, reports, statistics, etc.)
- system messages
- addition of icons to indicate material type, with a wide range of icon images to select from during cataloguing
- improved Genie web stylesheets
- additional validation list terms
- customized Bookwhere MARC record import file
- a manual
The Genie Starter Kit is usually bundled with the sale of the Inmagic Genie system, but is also available for existing Genie users.
Contact us to discuss how this kit could improve your library workflow using Genie.
Andornot is an authorized value-added reseller of Inmagic products.
Read more about some of Andornot's Genie customizations in these blog posts: