Features added to Inmagic WebPublisher PRO over time are provided here. This list can help you decide whether to upgrade your version to the latest.
Version 16 (current version)
- Form Designer – WebPublisher reports can now easily link from a small image on a web page (a thumbnail) to the full size image. The new option is on the HTML tab of the Picture Box Properties dialog box.
- WebPublisher Browse Choices – The buttons have been optimized; for example, we've added an "Add & Close" button so that users no longer need to click "Add" then "Close".
- InmagicBrowse – When editing a record, if a field has Single Entry Only validation, the Add button now does not appear on the Inmagic Choices Browser window. Previous versions displayed a disabled Add button in this situation.
- InmagicBrowse – Addressed issues finding values beginning or ending with digits.
- InmagicBrowse – Addressed an issue where the window would revert to its original size/position if you used any of the controls.
- Addressed an issue where Includes/Seams referencing a URL called the obsolete WinHTTP5.DLL; now WinHTTP.DLL is used.
- Issues addressed with the InmagicBrowse app, and new features for publishing to the web from DB/TextWorks.
- WebPublisher PRO is now supported on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Support for renaming query logs and starting new ones on a scheduled basis.
- Ability to edit validation lists.
- Ability to expose the Find button and disable find-as-you-type in InmagicBrowse.
- InmagicBrowse can now update records after a validation term is changed to another term already in the list.
- Improved support for Internet Explorer v10.
- It is now possible to edit records in non-IE browsers over the Web. Please see the Support Matrix for details.
- ImagicBrowse includes a new find-as-you-type feature.
- InmagicBrowse hides controls that offer no opportunity to take action.
- Improved support for newer browser versions and operating systems
- Support for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- Better searching through a new advanced synonym searching feature
- Enhanced CSS support
- Enhanced Alternative Search Syntax ("Google" like query syntax)
- Improvements to XHTML support
- Compatability with Windows Server 2008
- Query Logging
- Next/Previous highlighted hits
- XHTML compliance
- Ability to configure a RSS feed for a textbase
- InmagicBrowse enhancements, including support for FireFox; width configuration; control tooltips; & a Help button
- Image files can be located in multiple folders
- Alternate search syntax (this feature provides a "Google™-like" alternative syntax for searching.)
- Ability to browse the link field in a secondary textbase while editing
- Support for Exploded Sorts
- Paging of long validation lists to speed up loading and displaying.
- Inmagic Choices Browser alternative to Word Wheels
- Includes added to Form Designer for web reports to allow better integration with website templates (seams)
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) includes
- Many enhancements to XML for developers.
- Specify Alternate Text for URLs, EMail Addresses & Image Links
- Improved formatting of exported query screens
- Improved web navigation buttons
- Web based editing (PRO only) -
edit, duplicate, and delete existing records and paste from validation lists.
- Cookie for retaining password for current session
- Submit queries using XML
- INI file location can be changed to the WebPublisher installation directory
- XML support
- Search criteria using DB/TextWorks command query format
- Record level security
- Support for disabled accessibility technology. Complies with U.S. government mandates
- Relevance Ranking
- Specify additional information.
- A "New Search" button to take users back to the query screen.
- Open expanded record displays in a separate browser window
- Ability to search multiple textbases from one query screen
- Improved report appearance matches DB/TextWorks desktop reports
- Button and Message Customization
- Multi-Lingual interface capabilities
- Free Release for compatibility with DB/TextWorks version 4.0
- Ability to use email and URL links
- Uses Virtual Directory Tree instead of installing in the web root
- Ability to search for textbase
- Support for secured web pages (HTTPS)
- Ability to specify position of Next/Previous buttons and form list
Andornot is an authorized value-added reseller of Inmagic products.
Read more about Inmagic in these blog posts: