Friday, December 16, 2005 5:43 PM
AJAX-enabled Index Popups for Inmagic DB/WebPublisher Pro and CS/Webpublisher Pro are ready to go. Late feature additions:
- Entries show full value in tooltip if hovered over (helps when long entries are cut off)
- Entries are flagged onmouseover to guide the eye
- Paging buttons look disabled when they are disabled
- Scroll bar visible when needed, invisible when not - depends on page size.
- Better x-browser support. Mac IE5.2 still eludes me - it's as brainless as ever.
- Help button shows help text on mouseover. Help text can be edited.
- Close window link at bottom of window.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:23 PM
Inmagic have announced that email notifications of the availability of version 9 of DB/TextWorks and WebPublisher PRO will commence during the week of Dec 26th. These are sent out in batches from Inmagic, Inc. and therefore you may not receive your notice until early in the New Year.
All clients with a current maintenance contract should be receiving an email with download information from email@example.com. These emails are sometimes blocked by spam and junk email filters, therefore please set these filters to allow emails from Inmagic.com.
If you have not received a notification by mid January, contact Inmagic at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your serial numbers and copy us
if your contact email has also changed. Content Server clients will be notified of the availability of the latest CS version in early 2006.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:42 AM
People have been asking, so here goes.
- Works with really large textbases without performance loss, yes.
- Windows cross-browser testing indicates compatibility with IE6, Firefox 1.0+, Opera 8. Netscape has yet to be tested. Konqueror has yet to be tested. Mozilla has yet to be tested.
- Mac cross-browser testing indicates compatibility with Firefox 1.0+, Safara 1.3.1, Camino 0.8.4.
- Mac IE5.2 does NOT work, but is on the to-do list.
- Downlevel browsers (Netscape 4, IE4) will probably choke and die. May flights of angels sing them to their rest. Okay, they won't die, stop crying, but they won't support AJAX Index Popups.
Friday, December 09, 2005 11:54 AM
Ohhhhhhhahaaaawwwww. Last week a hard drive crashed on me. I do nightly backups, so I lost only a day's work, but all the projects I had in the source control library now point to an extinct directory. No problem, I'll just set the working directory to the new restored location. Oh no. No no no. You won't get away that easy. You must PAY. So now, every time I want to fetch me a project, I have to fight a source control guardian with the physical and argumentative capacity of a beefy ape and the intellectual capacity of a squashed plum. Fwah!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:36 PM
I started to use Microsoft Visio and I just love it. This article
shows why. Visio really makes it easy to create storyboards or wireframes as well as helping visualize what we want to design for our clients. The process can be really fun but it can also get a little addictive.