Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:23 AM
Inmagic has announced the release of DB/TextWorks version 12.
New and enhanced features include:
Improvements to batch modify, validation lists, and import functionality:
- Batch modify to change more than one field at a time.
- Batch modify field-to-field: Copy or move the contents of one field to another.
- Update records to match validation list changes: When terms on a validation list are changed or deleted, corresponding changes can be made in affected textbase records.
- Option to update multiple matching records when importing.
Enhanced search capabilities:
- Thesaurus expansion when searching: Optional retrieval of preferred and related terms when searching fields connected to a thesaurus.
Enhanced E-mail options:
- E-mail reports in HTML: Send Report as Mail now supports HTML format in the e-mail body.
- E-mail reports grouped by recipient: E-mail reports sent to recipients identified in textbase records can optionally have all messages to a given recipient grouped into one e-mail message.
Advanced imaging. Capabilities support newer image formats, with:
- Support for the latest version of PDF formats from Adobe® Acrobat® when treating the PDF file as an image field.
All clients with a current Inmagic maintenance subscription for DB/TextWorks should shortly receive an email from Inmagic with the download information for this new version. No date has yet been announced for the release of CS/TextWorks v12. If you have a current subscription but have not received a notification email in the next week or so, please email email@example.com with your serial number and email address so it can be resent. Please also remember to let us know if your contact information has changed so we can update our records and pass this on to Inmagic.
Please contact us if you would like assistance implementing these new features or want to renew an expired maintenance subscription.