Monday, February 04, 2019 11:48 AM
Version 5.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This minor release adds several new features and fixes.
Some key additions:
- Configurable user account notifications, making activity (such as fines, available holds, overdues, etc.) more readily visible to the user.
- A richer, fully customizable user feedback system, allowing the creation of custom forms in the VuFind interface for collecting not just feedback, but also purchase suggestions, survey responses, or anything else the administrator configures.
- Optional dynamic DOI-based link augmentation in search results (currently supporting Third Iron's BrowZine service, but also extensible for other applications).
- An experimental driver for integration with the FOLIO platform, available for early adopters (but subject to change as the platform evolves).
- Better code generation tools, increasing the ease of creating new VuFind plug-ins.
- Full Vietnamese language support in the user interface.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated. Full details of this release are available at https://vufind.org/wiki/changelog#release_51_-_2_4_2019
Andornot offers development and hosting of VuFind as part of our Managed Hosting service. VuFind is an ideal entry-level discovery interface for small special libraries with primarily biblipgrahic information, provding the style of search experience users expect in 2019. For other kinds of cultural information, we recommend our Andornot Discovery Interface.
Learn more about VuFind and some of the sites we've developed here, then contact us to discuss VuFind, hosting and our other solutions for managing and searching cultural information.