The Andornot Authentication Manager allows you to limit access to your website content and search applications based on:
- usernames and passwords;
- IP addresses (single or ranges); and
- referring URLs (i.e. incoming links from an intranet or subscriber-only site).
The Authentication Manager controls what a user can see or access based on their role. For example, the general public may have search-only access to brief records, whereas a logged in user can view a full record, access full text or original digitized content, submit requests or orders, etc. This flexibility is perfect for subscription-based sites and services.
Other features include:
- users may sign up for accounts themselves, with administrator approval and activation of the account;
- administrators have access to account and group profile management;
- detailed reporting of site access, by account and time period; and
- subscription and account expiration management.
The Authentication Manager is a .net web application, so designed for Windows Servers and web applications that run on them. The interface is accessible from both desktop and mobile browsers.
Contact us to learn more about the Andornot Authentication Manager.
Read more about some of Andornot's authentication work in these blog posts: