Monday, April 14, 2008 12:41 PM
I've always been a fan of Notepad2 as a replacement for Notepad. I spend a fair bit of time editing Inmagic Genie XML config files and the features like line numbers and XML syntax highlighting make this so much easier. However I've just switched to Notepad++ which allows multiple documents to be open in tabs. As I usually have at least 3 or 4 config files open at once, this in itself is a great time saver.
Notepad++ also includes plug-ins for tools like HTML Tidy with an option to clean up the junk that Microsoft embeds when saving a Word doc to HTML. There is a file compare option - useful when reviewing Genie config files from a client to see what they have changed, plus there are a stack of other options that I haven't even looked at yet!
Notepad++ is open source software and is available for download from Sourceforge.net
. There is also a version available that runs from a USB stick at PortableApps.com
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:52 AM
Email download notifications are now being sent out by Inmagic, Inc. for DB/TextWorks version 11 to all clients on the Inmagic maintenance program.
DB/TextWorks version 11 features include:
- Microsoft Vista compatibility
- Limited Undo in the Form Designer
- File Checker to verify that files referenced on the local directory or network still exist.
- Ability to select form for Edit Secondary Record window
- HTML report preview
- Dead URL Link Checker enhanced to allow the contents of the status field to be replaced or appended.
Compatibility: Version 11 can be used with WebPublisher PRO
version 10. DB/TextWorks version 11 may be compatible with earlier versions of WebPublisher PRO
but these have not been tested and are not supported.
Version 11 of WebPublisher PRO
is due out in the next few months. No date has yet been announced for CS/TextWorks or CS/WebPublisher PRO version 11. For more information please see the Inmagic website
If you have a current subscription but have not received a notification email in the next week or so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your serial number and email address so it can be resent.
Please contact us
if you would like assistance implementing these new features or want to renew an expired maintenance subscription.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:19 AM
Email download notifications have been sent out by Inmagic, Inc. for Genie version 3.1 to clients on the Inmagic maintenance program.
Genie v3.1 features include:
- Support on query screens for hidden query boxes and default values for query boxes (this will allow users to construct specialized query screens to automatically restrict results by material type, location etc. )
- Configuration changes no longer require an IIS restart
- BookWhere transform enhancements
- Presto integration
The install is straightforward and quick. No conversion or modifications are needed to an existing Genie v3.0 install and configuration settings are retained.
Please contact us
if you would like assistance implementing these new features or are upgrading from a version earlier than version 3.0.