Presto for DB/TextWorks is a powerful and flexible solution for publishing your DB/TextWorks textbases to the Web. Presto for DB/TextWorks allows you to continue to build and maintain your textbase in DB/TextWorks, but publish that content to the Web (Internet or intranets) via a limited version of Inmagic Presto.
With Presto for DB/TextWorks, you gain significant functionality that is not available in WebPublisher PRO. Some of the advanced capabilities found in Presto for DB/TextWorks include:
- The ability to easily search across all textbases at once and display results in one view;
- The ability to provide custom home pages to securely deliver different content to different audiences;
- Support for SDI initiatives with email alerts and RSS feeds;
- Integration of social features such as tagging, ratings and comments;
- The ability to select and act on multiple search results items including Info-Cart, Email, Print or Save; and
- Advanced image handling including auto-thumbnail and gallery views without programming.
Presto for DB/Text also includes additional optional features that can be purchased now or at a later time. Some of these features include:
- SharePoint integration;
- Federated search (e.g., the ability to search an external database such as EBSCO while simultaneously searching a DB/Text database);
- single sign-on via Active Directory;
- Integration capabilities via a published WCF API;
The main differences between Presto and WebPublisher for making a textbase available online include:
- Presto for DB/TextWorks does not use the forms in DB/ TextWorks to format data for Web display. Instead, it uses Web-based designs in Presto to enable easy creation of Web pages for DB/TextWorks content.
- Presto is based on MS-SQL and always requires a copy of MS-SQL to be installed.
These are a few live, publicly-accessible Presto sites:
- Center for Transportation Research - University of Texas at Austin.
- City of Edmonton Archives.
- UNCSA Archives
- American Jewish Archives
- Carnegie Science
- ARRB Knowledge Base - research, consulting, products and information services to the road and transport industry in Australia.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- The Forest History Society
- Pack Memorial Library of the Buncombe County Public Libraries
- Writers Guild Foundation
Andornot is an authorized value-added reseller of Inmagic products.
Learn more about Presto in these blog posts: